Today is a big day over here on Running on Peanut Butter. Today is RoPB’s 1st birthday!
I will celebrate by eating 466 jars of peanut butter, since this is the 466th post.
Blogging is a crazy thing, and so many people have different reasons for why they started a blog, and I thought today would be the perfect day to tell you my story.
Once upon a time back before this blog existed, I lived in a perfect little world with my boyfriend.
We had our future lined up in front of us. We talked about marriage and kids, and owning a house in a big field so we could chase our fur babies around, and the man could have batting practice there.
Life was good. Life was perfect. We were madly in love. And then we weren’t. We became distant. We took each other for granted. We didn’t fall out of love, but we realized our lives were way too different for us to make it. Had we married, we would have gotten divorced. He wasn’t going to be the guy sitting on the rocking chair next to me in 40 years, and that was something I didn’t want to accept.
My world was rocked. I was devastated. My friends’ lives got busier, and I soon had all of this free time on my hands. At this point in time, I had more time for Pinterest, and it was there that I came across Julie’s blog, Peanut Butter Fingers. I was sucked into her blog and loved how passionate Julie was about living a healthy life and writing. I talked about Julie nonstop to my parents. I was like a girl gushing over her crush.
I used to blog in college, and PB Fingers made me miss my past, so when I talked to one of my closet friends, Jaime, about the idea of blogging again, she told me to do it. From day 1 she was my biggest supporter, and for the longest time, she was the only person who knew I was blogging.
The blog helped take away the pain and allowed me to pour all of my energy into writing instead of missing my ex. Running on Peanut Butter was started to do just that, be a hobby of mine, but it turned into so much more.
I have made so many amazing friendships over the past year, and I cannot believe how much my life has changed for the better because of it.
You guys are amazing, and you were always there to offer me advice, like that time I got all debbie downer on you guys because I missed my ex. You told me there was light at the end of the tunnel. You helped save me, and you were there to witness all the other shenanigans I got myself into.
I thought it’d be fun to recap the journey that you guys have shared with me this past year.
Here are some of the things you experienced with me:
- You were there when I found out my brother was engaged and I became a bridesmaid!
- And when I signed up for a personal trainer
- In December, I finally agreed to a date, even though I wanted to cancel. I met the man of my dreams that night
- It took me 1 week to know he was someone I wanted in my life forever. I rang in the New Year with the man I was excited to spend an entire new year with
- Hosted my 1st giveaway from Artisana Nut Butter
- Received free Chobani!
- Was one of the bloggers chosen to receive the mystery Chobani
- Got promoted and then started a new job
- Took an aerial circus class
- Signed up and began working with a macro coach
- Hit 500 straight days of running
- Ran in the Foam Fest
- Took us 5 months to finally have a much needed deep talk. Can you see how happy closure made us in these pictures?
It seems that the beginning of each year for Running on PB has some sort of fresh start. With closure on 2 relationships, I’m excited to see what this next year brings to the blog, and I hope you guys are ready for more dating stories, because I’ve accepted that Mark and I will only ever be friends.
I deserve my happily ever after, and I’m pretty damn positive that it will start now. As the girls and I always said at the beginning of every college year, “new year, new boys, new drama!” Let’s just minus the drama though, I’m getting old now. 😉
You guys have been there for me every step of the way. You’ve given me strength and faith when I needed it, and you were there to share in my peanut butter obsession. As a big thank you, I’m hosting an “Allie’s Favorite Things” Giveaway!
You have the chance to win my favorites: Quest Bars, Orbit Sweet Mint gum a $5 gift card to my favorite store, Target, the best peanut butter ever, ecards post-its, Bath & Body Works lotion, and BROOKSIDE CHOCOLATE!
Kip photobombed. He’s not included.
You have 3 chances to win. Leave a comment for each entry.
- What qualities do you look for in a blogger?
- “Like” Running on Peanut Butter on Facebook. If you already are a fan, leave a comment saying so.
- Tweet about the giveaway: “Happy Blogiversary Running on Peanut Butter! I want to win “Allie’s Favorite Things Giveaway” from @alewis19! http://wp.me/p34psT-1vO“
I will close the giveaway on Wednesday, July 31st at 6 pm EST.
Good luck and THANK YOU so much for every single thing! 🙂 As you know, I’m very open, so I will continue to bring you my dating horrors, and I hope to bring more recipes and dabble in some deeper workouts on here. If there’s anything you want to see in year 2, please let me know!