I love pancakes, and I only love them one way, and that’s with chocolate chips. Lots of them.
The past several weeks I’ve been on a Jack Johnson kick and listening to his albums on repeat while on my runs.
When I think of Jack Johnson, I think of summer, beaches, summer love, bikinis, and endless sunshine. I’m extremely tired of the snow and am anxiously awaiting Spring and Summer, and that, mixed with my craving for chocolate chip pancakes, inspired my latest pancake!
Jack Johnson Pancakes
These pancakes are a spin off of my Coconut Banana Pancakes. The only difference is the eggs and the addition of dark chocolate chips. These pancakes remind me of everything Jack Johnson represents, and that makes a perfect pancake in my book!
- 2 eggs (or 1 egg & 1 egg white)
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips
- maple syrup (to top)
- Heat a burner on the stove, and spray a pan with your desired spray or butter
- Cut the banana in half, and with the half still in the peel, squish it. The peel will burst open and put your desired amount of banana into a bowl. I find that half the banana works perfectly. Save the other half.
- Mix 2 eggs into the banana mixture, and blend together.
- Add 1 TBSP of coconut flour and 1 tbsp of mini chocolate chips to the mixture and continue mixing to the desired consistency.
- With the remaining banana half, cut it into small slices, mix into pancake batter, and pour the batter into the pan into 2 pancakes.
- When the bottom of the pancakes have browned to your liking, usually 2-3 minutes, flip over for another minute.
- Top with your favorite toppings and dig in!
I love using mini chocolate chips because since they’re so small, you can use a small amount and still feel like you’ve used a lot!
By mixing in small banana slices, you get an extra bit of summer in each bite.
You could easily use almond flour or regular whole wheat flour in place of the coconut flour, but the use of coconut flour makes these pancakes taste like you just had an extra dose of sunshine and happiness.
Chocolate chip pancakes are honestly the only way to go. You can’t even win this argument.
Now if only Jack Johnson was feeding me these bites!