Happy Monday everyone, I hope you guys aren’t as grumpy as I am, which is probably impossible because I am currently the Queen of Grump City.
If you missed the weekend posts, then all that’s important to know is that I officially have a 2nd level oblique strain with a muscle spasm in my right shoulder.
Deep breathes, sleeping, moving quickly, laying down and pretty much everything cause tremendous pain. Not only am I exhausted from the lack of sleep, but my pain meds are making me extra tired as well. On top of that, my running has been drastically cut back.
I’ve run straight for the past 324 days. That includes waking up at 4 am to run before road trips, and squeezing in runs during busy vacations. I’m 41 days away from a 1-year running streak, but I’m so discouraged because for once I am pretty sure I am going to give my body the rest it needs, meaning tomorrow will be the first day I will have taken off since March 16th.
I’m so close to my goal, but I know that if I continue to be stupid and run, that it could take more than the typical 6 week recovery and I could make matters even worse. In fact, if my strain becomes a 3rd degree strain, then I face the possibility of a hernia, internal bleeding and surgery. Hey at least, there will still be 365 days left once I’m all healed!
This morning I decided to wake up several minutes early so that I could cover more mileage during my morning
run walk. It’s so hard to transition from 4 mile morning runs to walking. I attempted to run a little, but my oblique was very sore, but I did manage to jog 1.5 miles throughout my 4 mile run/walk. Not that’s depressing!
I do have a delicious little number to share with you guys courtesy of my lovely brother!
Ryan’s Turkey Meatballs
- 1.3 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 1: onion, squash, zucchini
- 1 egg
- Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Mozzarella Cheese Ball (to put inside meatballs)
- Sprinkle in: salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, parm cheese
- 2 jars Tomato and Basil marinara sauce (or preferred sauce)
- Add spices and diced vegetables to ground turkey in a large mixing bowl
- Add egg, bread crumbs and parm cheese and mix evenly
- Form meatballs and add chunk of fresh mozzarella cheese to the middle
- Turn on a burner and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side – only partially, just enough to brown
- Add meatballs and 2 jars of sauce to your crock pot and cook on low heat for 5 hours
You can either make meatball subs, or have spaghetti and meatballs like I did!
I actually used up the weird bag of Nasoya Pasta Zero noodles that I had instead of spaghetti, and it was so odd! The noodles, no joke, were so bouncy, stringy and quite possibly one long piece of pasta. I don’t recommend these noodles at all, but I highly recommend my brothers’ balls!