My legs are so tight that I am considering chopping them off because I’m a baby and foam rolling does nothing for my little stumps.
Random note. I am really disappointed because my creeping skills are really slacking lately. I used to be able to be given a first name and then I could find them within 3 minutes. In college when my roommates wanted to know someone’s name, all I would need was a name of the persons’ friend. Within minutes I’d have an answer for them. Now, well now I can’t find a soul. I’m so embarrassed that I don’t know what to do with myself anymore. Creeping was my thing, and now I have nothing.
In sad times like these, I eat yummy foods.
Like my favorite protein shake.
Or my new favorite dessert.
Plain Chobani. Banana slices. Dried blueberries (I wasn’t supposed to pick them out of my Mom’s batch of trail mix, but I did. Sorry Mom, but you knew that it would happen.). Sunbutter. All in my awesome new Chobani glass bowl.
Tuesday and Friday mornings are always only running days. The rest of the week I hit the gym in the morning and do a short run and strength training or bs it. T & F I run in my parents neighborhood for training. Sleepovers the night before make me feel like a kid on Christmas because I know that when I wake up I get to run in my favorite spot ever.
I think any runner knows why this makes me so excited. I’m so excited that I turned down a night at The Farm last night. That’s some dedication… or just laziness since I didn’t want to change from my lesbian sweats, which made someone pretty mad. There were emojis sent and received and shouty capitals. I was even asked and then demanded to wear the sweats to the bar. Please, my pride!
Another person I made mad minutes later was my Dad. He was getting really mad at me last night because I couldn’t answer questions correctly.
- Dad- “What’s your favorite football team?”
- Me- “Whatever team Peyton Manning is on.”
- Dad- “That’s not a team.”
- Me- “Oh I love da Bears too because of Jay Cutler!!”
- Dad- “Those aren’t teams!”
- Me- “Well then ask me who my favorite player is!.”
- Dad- “Okay, who’s your favorite football player?”
- Me- “Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler.”
- Dad- “THAT’S NOT ONE PLAYER. YOU DON’T LISTEN!”
It might be a long long weekend at home with that one!
This long weekend is going to be awesome!
- Ryan comes home in a few hours
- Hanging out with the Markman
- Lindsay and I are heading to Burlington, VT. She’s never been so I’m going to bring her downtown before we head to the Champlain Valley Fair for the rides and to see Kippy Moore perform… my hometown!
As for this mornings training run. it was awesome, except for my Garmin dying 1.5 miles in. I did have several horrors, including a beetle/bug/bird flying into the side of my face. I also ran by a house and thought I saw the woman staring out her top story window at me. On my turn around, I realized it was just a hanging plant. This run made me realize that I actually enjoy running hills now. Between the beetle/bug/bird incident, the hanging plant and the fact that I sort of enjoy hills, this run made me realize I’m a freak.
Anything fun planned for this long weekend?!
What’s the worst running animal/bug/object attack you’ve experienced?