Hey guys, I’m still so torn up about the tragedy at the Boston Marathon yesterday, so I will honestly keep this short while I wrap my mind around everything that has happened.
I really don’t think that with the heartache in the running community, that I want to discuss my runs, even though I have things to discuss. That can wait for a different day.
Last night after work, I had fun picking up the last part of Lindsay’s birthday gift before going home, watching the news coverage with Al, Kris and her 2 little cousins, and then going for a long walk by myself to just clear my mind.
I’m thankful that my 3 friends who live and work in Boston (Lisha, Jaime and Mike) were all safe and unharmed. I’m so grateful that my friends were protected from this tragic mess.
I’ll leave you guys with a recipe that I’ve been hoarding for awhile. Don’t get too excited, I’m sure you all know your own version, but this is mine, and because it was requested from my friend Meaghan, I’m finally getting around to posting my favorite breakfast ever.
Peanut Butter Jelly & Banana Proatmeal
This beefed up version of oatmeal is so decadent and it tastes so sinful, but really, it’s extremely healthy, which is why it’s my go to breakfast every morning at work.
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional, but I like the extra protein boost)
- 2 tbsp PB2 or peanut butter – I like it on the soupier side
- 1 tbsp jam (sometimes 2 if my sweet tooth is out of control)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 banana or as much as you want
- sweetner packet (optional since it’s sweet enough)
- Combine oats, protein powder and chia seeds in a bowl and fill it with desired amount of water and stir.
- Let the mixture sit in the water for a bit so the chia seeds and oats soak up the water. (This step is optional)
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- Mix in prepared PB2 and jam, and throw in your banana slices
- Dig in!
Do you have a different proatmeal recipe? If so, please share with me!