Thank you to all who commented on yesterday’s post about being down in the dumps and seasonal depression during this time of year. I appreciated reading your comments, and here are some of our favorite ways to feel better when down:
- Running/walking or any type of workout
- Crying and talking things out
- Using a special light box
- Healthy comfort foods that bring happy thoughts (I’m not talking donuts and cookies)
I think anytime one of us is feeling blue, you should either email me or text me and we can send each other pictures of gorgeous men and talk about random life stories so we can be happy together. I mean, you’d get pictures like this, which I think is a winning deal:
(I don’t know who this is, but he is the type of mountain man I demand give me babies).
Yesterday we got hit with ANOTHER storm. It was right in the middle of the work day, and at 4, our head honcho sent out an email saying we were to leave as the office was officially closing. Best email ever!
After getting home, I whipped up my Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes, a recent favorite of mine. These are soooo good! Whey protein used during baking is fine with my stomach. Also, my stomach issues have disappeared with the shakes, which is weird.
Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 scoop cookies & cream protein powder (or flavor of choice)
- 2 tbsp Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Mix eggs and protein powder together
- Heat a frying pan, and pour the batter into one large pancake or mini pancakes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips upon pouring or mix into batter pre-pour
- Cook on one side for a few minutes and the top side for less than a minute
- Top with syrup or nut butter of your choice!
What’s your favorite type of pancake?
Either extra, extra chocolate chip pancakes or plain. I don’t like them with fruit.