Breakfast is easily my favorite meal of the day, and I typically eat something breakfast-ish for 2 meals of the day. B-fast casseroles are one of my favorites for dinner, because either leftovers are waiting to be eaten after a day of CrossFit/running and work, and because they’re typically sweet, which is what I crave in the evenings.
I made a hamburg casserole on Sunday evening, in honor of my favorite pizza. I LOVE hamburg and mushroom pizza (my FAV), but since I really can’t have pizza on the Paleo Challenge, which ends today, this was the next best thing. Trader Joe’s had a good deal on hamburg, and since it was 93%ish lean, I grabbed that.
This casserole is full of hamburg, which is layered on the bottom and top for a nice crunch, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, sweet onions, and a little bit of broccoli.
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 container of diced mushrooms, diced
- 12 eggs
- 1 lb 93% lean ground hamburg
- Peel sweet potato, microwave for several minutes, depending on size, and dice into cubes the size of your preference
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan, and sautee onions, mushrooms and sweet potatoes
- Cook hamburg in an additional large pan until cooked through
- Whisk 12 eggs in a large bowl, add veggies in
- Layer 1/2 to 2/3 of the hamburg on the bottom of a greased tray
- Pour egg and veggie mixture on top
- Top with remaining hamburg, and bake at 350 for 40 minutes, or until cooked through
This bad boy is so easy to make, and so delicious. I cut this into 4 large pieces, which will get me almost through the end of the week. Loving it!
I’m also loving these Reebok running shoes that I came across on Sunday in the outlet store. They are SO light and extra flexible, which I love. I’ve been researching for more information and reviews, but I just might cave and purchase these. This would be the first time I’ve ever cheated on Nike, and although I feel pretty bad for that, these seem like a GOOD pair! I know they’re not the speciality running shoes, but sometimes you have to go with your gut.
We all know that I am obsessed with Nashville, so yesterday I rented Nashville the tv show on DVD so that I can get into it.
Yesterday after work I immediately crawled into bed and watched 2 episodes before I met a friend for tea/coffee in downtown Manchester. My plan is to watch this show and fall in love with the city, visit it this summer, and then decide if I want to move there. You think I’m joking…. My friend from work is going there this week and I’m excited to hear his thoughts on it. Juicy Pear if you’re reading this, pack me in your suitcase!
I go on these benders and I can’t be stopped.
Do you watch Nashville?
2 episodes and I’m already addicted!