This past Saturday I woke up knowing that I wanted to make a comforting breakfast. I wanted pancakes. Then I wanted to turn the pancakes into mini muffins. Then I realized I didn’t have a mini muffin baking pan, but I did have a donut pan! While waking up in bed, I started brainstorming what ingredients to use; more so what protein powder to use. I knew one thing: I wanted to included mini chocolate chips. Heck, I had bought a bag the night before in anticipation of this breakfast.
I thought of vanilla donuts with chocolate chips, which would have been good, but double chocolate cannot be beat! I whipped up THE best batch of protein donuts that I have ever made! Moist (don’t “eww” me), decadent and delicious!
Double Chocolate Protein Donuts
- 1/3 cup Kodiak Cake Buttermilk & Honey Pancake mix
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup water, or more depending on the consistency that you want
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Adaptogen Science)
- 1/2 scoop cookies & cream casein (MusclePharm)
- 15 grams mini chocolate chips
Now, I normally would just 1 scoop of protein powder instead of 2 different kinds, but I was trying to balance the carbs in the proteins, which is why I split it into two brands.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & spray your donut pan with cooking spray to prevent the donuts from sticking to the tray.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, adding the chocolate chips at the very last minute.
- Pour the batter into the donut compartments and bake for 13 or so minutes.
What is your favorite donut?
Chocolate glazed or strawberry frosted with sprinkles!